Monday 9 November 2015

Priorities


I started this blog a few days after I quit my job in banking.

Funnily enough, many people who also worked in banking and saved money like me could not see themselves stop working, take time to find out what they really liked and be unemployed for a short period of time. They considered it was "wasting" their savings. The way I see it, after working for x many years, my savings allowed me to take a break and find out what I really wanted to do with my life. What would be a better use of my money? A bigger flat next to the park? Nice restaurants? Nice holidays? Nice clothes? Well all these are cool - once you like what you do at work, yes (or at least when you don't hate what you do). These things are pointless if you are miserable 12 hour a day.
 
Quitting allowed me to finally sleep, cook my meals, meet people who do all sorts of jobs (or at least read about them) and properly think about what I wanted to do, and then research and apply. 

It was the best money I had ever spent in the last 5 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment